East West Players has received some enthusiastic feedback from our long time community partners who have generously offered support (such as relaying good contacts in the industry for further research). These partners have also raised good questions we should consider. Here are some questions we knew we would be asking ourselves when we broached this new venture. We welcome any other questions you may be interested in as we continue in our information gathering!
• What are the financial bottom lines? What would it take for the agency to support itself and the theatre?
• What are possible legal, financial, and organizational ramifications of institutionalizing these activities in our standing non-profit model?
• How do we structure an APA-focused agency so artists feel empowered and better supported?
• How would producers, Film/TV, and other theatres perceive its value?
• What new niche would this prototype create in bridging the worlds of theatre and Film/TV to support the careers of our artists?
--Lisa Tang, East West Players